Review week

This morning I started review week with the girls. We began with having a Bible study in first Psalm. It's a wonderful verse and my heart if filled with joy watching my little ladies discuss and show understanding while they learn. I am excited to be homeschooling our children full time this year. I am humbled to watch them learn and grow in Christ. This week will be filled with Bible studies, Math (flash cards), and site words (for Alyssa) to prepare our full time studies next week. I am really excited that I didn't have to finish college (although I would like to) to teach my children. I am also thrilled to learn things by teaching them that I have never learned.

I made two schedule options to begin our year with so if one doesn't work for our family then I will try the other. Eventually I hope to have down a secure routine. Amber and Alyssa are also taking music lessons this year. Some of you may or may not know but we are a musical family. Most of you probably don't know but I used to sing and I have been in praise and worship bands and I was also part of a group that never went anywhere. I have always wanted to learn piano so I plan to use an adult booklet that Jason bought for me a long time ago. Alyssa started last semester with piano and will continue. She also wants daddy to teach her how to play the trumpet and she is very curious about the clarinet (we have quite a few instruments. Amber will be taking flute lessons this semester. She would have continued with Shanda only the she moved back home after graduating from the seminary :( we miss her.

If anyone is interested in music lessons for your child I can recommend who we have hired to teach our girls. The music teacher is a fairly new seminary student and is extremely reasonable!! So, if your child is interested contact me and I will pass along to you her name and number.

God bless you all as we begin a new school year.

7 Comments:

  1. The Hall's said...
    You are on the ball! I dread even thinking about starting! That is terrible I know but I am so enjoying doing what we want when we want! We are not going to start until after Labor Day so I got a couple more weeks!
    Rebecca said...
    lol....yeah, you keep thinking I'm on the ball! If you only knew lol I am so not ready for next week and I hope the girls enthusiasm will last more than the first two weeks LOL

    This is what is great about homeschooling though....if I am not put together to start when I plan, then we can start the week after!

    Jason is being a little tough on me about routines.......oy! But this is the same man I made fun of because he was too tired to get out of bed this morning when the alarm rang LOL!!! I had fun with that one!
    Mozi Esme said...
    That's one of the things I love about having kids - the motivation to learn new things myself!
    Rebecca said...
    I definitely agree....thanks for stopping by ;)
    JGWmom said...
    I just have to say again how much I admire you and Cameron for being homeschooling moms. Know that you and your children are being lifted to the Lord in my prayers. :)
    Rebecca said...
    Shannon you are so sweet! I can't tell you how much that means to me and I know it means a lot to Cameron as well to have your love, support and especially your admiration!

    Your prayers mean so much to me, they are esscintial to raising my children for the Lord. :)
    Rebecca said...
    hmmm...I meant essential LOL

Post a Comment