We had lunch at Hidden Valley one afternoon, Thursday I believe. It's a short drive into the Rocky Mountain National Forest and close to our second camping site, Aspen Glen. It was the perfect picnic we have ever had. After lunch we went on a little hiking nature trail that was just plain beautiful!



I am getting better at taking pix with my camera as you see here.


I made a little friend while we were eating lunch. This butterfly which happened to match my shirt followed me everywhere!
I was going to name it but Jason wouldn't let me keep it ;p
I want one of these in my back yard.......oh yeah, I don't have a back yard LOL

Pretty little Amber
Wish I could tell you Amber was praising the Lord-however, she was blocking the sun from her eyes lol
We sat our camera on the picnic table next to us to take a family picture since no one was sitting there and the table looked like it was lonely ;p
This little critter was curious about us right from the start lol
According to a few things we read while hiking this Hidden Valley Park, it used to be a ski resort and then it shut down because they weren't getting enough snow each year and even the snow machines couldn't keep up the demand so it is what is today........

4 Comments:

  1. Jennifer said...
    I have been enjoying all of your pictures, even if I haven't had a chance to come over and say so.

    Got any more picture posts planned?
    The Hall's said...
    Great pics once again! I am really enjoying them!
    Rebecca said...
    Hey Jen-- Don't worry, I'm not a needy blogger lol

    I do have more coming....
    JGWmom said...
    Beautiful Pics! Looks like so much fun! I would especially enjoy the babbling brooks and all the beautiful butterflies! I know you had a great time!

Post a Comment